Openhab tinkerforge question

excal2

Hi excal2,

I think you need two entries for the brick_dc in the openhab.cfg and items configuration. Furthermore you need two switches, one to switch on the forward configuration and one to switch on the reverse configuration of the brick.

I've planned some enhanced support for brick_dc, but unfortunately this will take some month because currently I've no spare time to implement it.

Regards,

Theo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Theo

Considering that all I now need is to control the direction of a dc motor , is there any other way that I can achieve this , maybe with stepper motor or a relay brick?

As I'm using openhab this will control the time of the motor run.

Just wondering if there is another solution to the problem.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Excal

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Excal,

there are good news! There is a beta of the binding which has significantly improved support for the Brick DC.

It comes with support for Dimmer, Rollershuter and Number items. Besides that the speed can also be set using a percent value.

You will find a download link and some in this github issue:

https://github.com/theoweiss/openhab/issues/1

Regards,

Theo

• 7 months later...

Hi Excal,

these features are released with openHAB 1.7. Therefore just install the newest openHAB release. Since 1.7 you can also control the Brick DC using rules and the new tinkerforge action bundle. Documentation and examples are here at the end of the file: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Actions

Regards,

Theo

• 4 weeks later...