Laser Range Bricklet problem

benoit

Hi all,

I just receive my Laser Range Bicklet and I have a problem with it.

It runs 5 to 10 minutes and then stopped working. If I disconnect and reconnect the cable or move the cable, some times it works again  for a few minutes.

I tried several cables on several Master Brick but without success

Master Brick : 2.1 FW 2.3.4

Laser Range : 2.0.2

Does anyone has had this kind of problem?

Same here since some weeks, but now i know _my_ problem and it seems to be different:

Normally I believe in trivial personal problem with such suprising behaviour.

And I remember problems connecting a bricklet cable (it's a bit difficult with the Laser Range Finder -> could be improved in my point of view).

=> I bent a pin of the bricklet connector header :-(

Q: Is it possible to replace the connector header by myself? If yes, is there any good advice to do it right?

Description of the bricklet behaviour during newbie debugging:

• The bricklet was always detected, but provided 0 values.

• Updating the bricklet (from fw 2.0.1 to fw 2.0.2 was not possible (Timeout).
  • After such timeouts, the whole stack was not functional anymore until the next reset.
  • Repeated attempts for a bricklet update finally were successful (5 attempts).
  • But this didn't change the behaviour (masterbrick 2.0, 2.1 w/ LRF 2.0.1, 2.0.2)

benoit, please check the black cables that connected the sensor to the PCB. Are they properly seated in the black press fit connector on the PCB?

Q: Is it possible to replace the connector header by myself? If yes, is there any good advice to do it right?

You need the proper soldering equipment to do it. A simple soldering iron won't help you much.

How badly is the pin bend? If the pin is only slightly bend you can straighten it again.

But you can also ship the Bricklet back to us and we'll replace the connector for you.