AmbientLight Bricklet V2 read out strange?

smitae

Evening

I running the java weather station app with some small changes to output the data to a file. I run it on Centos 7 box as a deamon. Al is fine when there is light.

But when it is dark the Ambient Light Bricklet gives the following measurements back;

etc

etc

I think the code is correct, so any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Allan

I have the full Weather Station Kit. I altered the WeatherStation java code, added an output-to-file option, changed some callback timers. Also removed the LCD part, as I want to control that via an other program.

I am not a real java developer, so possible I made a mistake in the code?

Code attached.

WeerStation_Inside.java

Ok,

Ever 30 secs. It reports 1 then 181909, etc, etc.

Only possible LED's could be from the Master brick I think?

The bricklet looks out in my garden, I do not think there is any light source.

But in the end, as this only happens during the night, I could tweak the program to ignore the 181909 value after sun-set?

Rg.

Allan

No, that just gives 0 back during the night. So I assume it has to do with the java code changes or possible something else on the centos box.

Was planning to run the orgininal weather-station java code and only add out to file and see what happens. If that works, then it must be something in the code.

Also looking at possible trying the php weatherstation code, do the same changes as I did with the java code, just to see what happens.

Hope to do that next week, bit busy with work. Hobby has to wait :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, looks like the problem is gone.

When it gets dark the Illumination drops to 1 and there is no change in light level measured anymore. And in the morning when the light level starts to change it starts to log again.

I removed the power from the weatherstation and reconnected it after a while. Did that twice and after the second time the problem was gone.

Not sure why, but it works and and I am happy.