IMU-Baro sensor fusion

andycruce

I have been looking at the code from the github reference that combines the imu and baro data to provide a more accurate and stable altitude estimate.  The comments say it is a complementary filter.  However, I can't reconcile the code with a complementary filter that consists of a high and low pass filter in parallel.  I'd like to be able to contact the person who generated the code to try to understand what he did.  Is that possible?

Also, I'm still looking for someone who has fused the GPS and IMU sensors to provide more accurate and stable horizontal position information.

Thanks,

Andy Cruce

Andy Cruce

I must be missing something.  I checked the URL you listed and the only description of code I found was to subtract gravity from an accelerometer output.  The IMU 2 brick does this automatically when it provides linear accelerations.  Where did you find any discussion of the complementary filter code?