Wetterstation zerlegt

You are right. Alas, I decided to remove the fan altogether; all my measurements indicated that the fan was not very effective at all. The RPi raised the temp. inside the enclosure by som 3.5 dergrees. The solution was to remove the RPi and mount it on the outside. This is now complete!!

The drawback of course is that the RPi is now subject to insect invasion! of these we have plenty. I will need to think of something.

I will enclose some photos to show the result; I went to great pains to verify the accuracy of the bricklets' measurements, before I shut them in. I am rather chuffed with the result; compared with my master thermometers (2 of them) the deviation amounted to less than half of one degree; this goes for both, the humidity bricklets chip temp. and the dedicated temp. chip. I was really keen to get the humidity chip sensing the true ambient air temp. as this will affect the resultant relative humidity calculation.

Thank you for your interest. I seem to have a new idea about recording the time of sunrise and sunset. Especially around both of the solstices. Stay tuned. I might post something soon.

Cheers

Karl

Bricklet_fan.thumb.JPG.9d89f13cd44f9373ccf154a07f35376a.JPG

changed_wetter_station.thumb.JPG.513390effc15d1edc99af2dadd29f865.JPG

Hi Karl,

I solved the heat problem with the Raspi in the opposite way: I have a temperature bricklet in a separate case outside the weather station and the Raspi inside the weather station (without fan).

I use the temperature of the barometer sensor to measure the inside temperature and with that I re-calculate the humidity value.

I have quite good results with this setup.

I live in Brisbane, Australia. The insect I am referring to is colloquially known as a "Dirt dobber". It is in fact a type of wasp with long dangly legs; looks quite comical. It builds a mud structure within which it lays its eggs. It does this in the most unlikely places. The other ones are tiny ants which invade and the ubiquitous Gecko. I am about to replace a smoke alarm which has been "neutralised" by a gecko, alas it died inside, as for some reason it got in but couldn't get back out.

I thought about moving the temperature sensor to the outside but that still needed a separate insect-proof housing; I might do that yet. I also have to find a permanent spot for the Weather Station.I am keen to have the light sensor facing East to catch the Sunrise, without exposing the temp. sensor to the full sun. I will need to experiment. At the moment the most suitable spot doesn't have a power-point nearby and so it goes.