Brick Daemon Beta for Windows 10 IoT Core

photron

• 7 months later...

Hey, I started a project with Windows 10 IoT Core and I like your hardware concept. Do you have an example, how I can use the Master Brick with Windows 10 IoT Core. For example, I want to read temperature data from the Temperature Bricklet in Windows IoT 10 Core, with C# and your library.

Is it possible?

P.S.: Can I use the Brick Daemon on Windows IoT and then use the API bindings to get data from the Bricks and the Bricklets?

You need to install brickd on your Windows 10 IoT device. Then you can use the C# API bindings and the examples as you would with any other installation of brickd to talk to the devices connected over USB to the Windows 10 IoT device.

There is currently a limitation that you cannot run brickd and your C# app on the same Windows 10 IoT device. Microsoft doesn't allow for two apps on the same device to talk to each other over localhost. You'll need to run you C# app on a different device for now. I've a solution for this problem in mind, but haven't implemented it yet.

Thank you photron.

There is currently a limitation that you cannot run brickd and your C# app on the same Windows 10 IoT device. Microsoft doesn't allow for two apps on the same device to talk to each other over localhost. You'll need to run you C# app on a different device for now. I've a solution for this problem in mind, but haven't implemented it yet.

I have tried this and I get the same problem.

Is it possible to use the connection from the daemon? What I mean is: I can communicate from my headed application to the daemon with app-services and if I can use the connection from the daemon for the "IPConnection", then it should work!?