OpenHAB tinkerforge binding caching old setup for IO/16 BUG?

xsherlock

ok so I have strange behaviour of the binding. It seems I can't change the setup of one IO16 pinn from in to out. like I simply cant.

I have tripple checked that I have only one reference in the tinkerforge file and it is:

tinkerforge:io16_watering_outb0.uid=wjk
tinkerforge:io16_watering_outb0.subid=outb0
tinkerforge:io16_watering_outb0.type=io_actuator
tinkerforge:io16_watering_outb0.defaultState=false

It was previously an IN port as I genericly set 8 in and 8 out. But I needed an 9th out so I changed it.

But the setting did not change in Reallive and I noticed that in the openhab2 log.

2017-03-06 11:03:28.401 [ERROR] [kerforge.internal.TinkerforgeBinding] - CONFIG existing device is uid wjk subId inb0
2017-03-06 11:03:28.402 [ERROR] [kerforge.internal.TinkerforgeBinding] - CONFIG ignoring duplicate device uid: wjk, subId outb0, genericId {}. Fix your openhab.cfg!

There is no logner a openhab.cfg in the OH2 so that is puzzling.

• 6 months later...

Theo any chance you can give me a clue where to look, in order to get rid of this old cached setup.

I have removed all the references of this port b0 in or out from the sitemaps and as you can see it is not there in the tinkerforge.cfg

yesterday upgraded to the latest snapshot of OH2

And I still get this error.

2017-09-10 10:29:45.972 [ERROR] [kerforge.internal.TinkerforgeBinding] - CONFIG existing device is uid wjk subId inb0
2017-09-10 10:29:45.974 [ERROR] [kerforge.internal.TinkerforgeBinding] - CONFIG ignoring duplicate device uid: wjk, subId outb0, genericId {}. Fix your openhab.cfg!

• 1 month later...

It's a bummer.

If I make a mistake or typo adding new sensor/bricklet to the house setup it stays there forever.

Now with 2.1 setup it gets even more annoying as the validation of all the files is performed. So if it will refuse to load whole file if it finds a syntax error. Reverting to the original file is not erasing it.

The only choice is to always have a backup SD card with old setup in order to recover any mistake you made to Tinkerforge cfg.

That is super annoying

In order to learn that I did have to rebuild and OH 2.1 from scratch one evening as I got to the point where OH would not load the Tinkerforge binding config making my house unusable.

• 4 weeks later...

:o

After 2 hours of doing the same debugging, including a cache and tmp cleaning

https://community.openhab.org/t/clear-the-cache/36424/4

no success.

Nothing from tinkerforge can be addressed by OH. And I have almost as much as you have...

:-[

Solution is to delete

/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/tinkerforge.config

sudo rm -rf

and restart openhab

https://community.openhab.org/t/how-to-use-multiple-tinkerforge-io-16-bricklet/36749/4