RedBrick keeps resetting BrickViewer

tinker456

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest RED brick image and Brick Viewer.

Got RED image on a 8GB SD card.

Selection_302.png

RED Brick keeps resetting on a viewer, I can't connect to it properly and upload any programs, because it keeps resetting before I am able to finish the upload.

And if I try to run a python example just to read linear pot values most of the times I get error

python3 Red_brick_pot_test_1.py 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/soso/Projects/MotionControl/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/tinkerforge/ip_connection.py", line 1164, in send_request
    response = device.response_queue.get(True, self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/queue.py", line 172, in get
    raise Empty
queue.Empty

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Red_brick_pot_test_1.py", line 28, in <module>
    lp.set_position_callback_period(50)
  File "/home/soso/Projects/MotionControl/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/tinkerforge/bricklet_linear_poti.py", line 127, in set_position_callback_period
    self.ipcon.send_request(self, BrickletLinearPoti.FUNCTION_SET_POSITION_CALLBACK_PERIOD, (period,), 'I', '')
  File "/home/soso/Projects/MotionControl/env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/tinkerforge/ip_connection.py", line 1173, in send_request
    raise Error(Error.TIMEOUT, msg)
tinkerforge.ip_connection.Error: Did not receive response for function 3 in time (-1)

And sometimes it just works. When I connect via USB to Master Brick, I never have any issues by accessing bricklets etc.

I am running ubuntu 16.04.

Could anyone help me identify and fix the problem?

Selection_302.png.4a5c0304a5664bfd0940f89765e724fa.png

But my Brick Viewer is already at the latest version 2.3.15

Oh indeed. The newest RED Brick image is newer then the newest Brick Viewer release. But there is nothing in the newest RED Brick image that shouldn't work in Brick Viewer, so this isn't the problem here.

And sometimes it just works.

This is strange! Can you check if the Brick on top of the RED Brick has a good connection to it? Or maybe the USB cable connected to the RED Brick is not OK?

If you sometimes get timeouts and sometimes it runs smoothly for a longer time, it sounds to me like there might be a loose connection or similar perhaps?