TIPConnection.IsConnected Problems

shaffin

Hello,

I am using the Pascal API's in Delphi. I noticed that when I program:

Conn: TIPConnection;

Conn := TIPConnection.Create;

Conn.Connect('127.0.0.1', 4223);

The above does not throw an exception even when the StepperBrick is not plugged in via USB! It always return "true" when performing a Conn.IsConnected()

Is there any premise behind this or is it something more????

Thanks,

Shaffin.

There is an enumeration API for the connection and this returns the connected UIDs and device types.

First introduction how to use enumeration is here

https://www.tinkerforge.com/en/doc/Tutorials/Tutorial_Rugged/Tutorial.html#tutorial-rugged-approach

And you can read the Pascal API doc (I don't use Pascal, so I have no sample).

The call to ipcon_enumerate triggers callbacks and it depends on what you're doing in the callback.

You should only update internal structures in the callback.

The main thread should wait some time so that the callbacks are done and everything is updated.

the "while (true)" from the sample is just an outline - don't use it exactly that way without wait times, this would consume 100% CPU !

To make it more precise:

I trigger the enumerate callback, then wait 250ms and check how many devices are listed in my internal structures meanwhile; not enough => wait again.

If there are not enough devices after for example 2 seconds I abort, there is something wrong.

The enumeration is normally done quite fast (below 0.5 seconds).