Brick Low Level API

CD108

Guys, when can we expect the Arduino like API for modifying brick firmware? Can you give us some details of what is possible, such as communication between bricks/bricklets/computer. For example will it be possible for a sensor to trigger a relay across wifi extensions without the need for a computer to control it?

This would be really useful in my home automation project

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love a way to use TinkerForge products WITHOUT having to keep a computer running 24/24. I mean, these ATMel CPUs are 32bit, surely they can run *some* guest program in addition to the whole TF framework? We just need some Brick to contain a decent amount of RAM and Flash storage.

Personally, I would love that guest code to be written in Java, but realise that may be asking too much. ;-)