Brickdeamon for Photron to peruse

kwally

Hi Photon, Herewith the result of lsusb, I have attached the brickd.log to this post

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1a2c:0021 China Resource Semico Co., Ltd Keyboard

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 045e:0084 Microsoft Corp. Basic Optical Mouse

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 16d0:063d MCS

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

brickd.log

The log contains 200 USB reconnects from a Master Brick between 7:41 and 8:50 on the 2016-03-26. This is a lot. I assume you didn't not manually reconnect the Brick 200 times in one hour.

This could be a USB power issue with your Raspberry Pi. In this case the Raspberry Pi USB host port is not powerful enough to supply the stack.

Do you happen to have a Raspberry Pi 1? Those had USB power issue. You could try an active USB hub in between the Raspberry Pi and the stack, or use as Step-Down Power Supply to power the stack.

Maybe you need to power your Raspberry Pi from a supply with a higher output current.

Hi Photron,

After having removed the Wifi extension, I have only a masterbrick and the colour bricklet, nothing else. As an aside, I can't find a case for the colour bricklet in the shop? I am using the case meant for the i/r temp. bricklet; this works okay somewhat, except I now don't have a case for the i/r bricklet, which I disconnected to trouble shoot.

Cheers

Karl

Okay, that should not consume too much power at all.

Does this stack work on another PC?

Does it work if you use another USB cable to connect the Master Brick to the RPi?

Does it work if you only connect the Master Brick to the RPi?

Do you have any other USB devices or hats connected to the RPi?

What does dmesg say? Connect the stack, then disconnect it from USB, then run

dmesg > /tmp/dmesg-dump.txt

and attach the /tmp/dmesg-dump.txt file here?

There is no Color Bricklet case because it would be in the way in most setups because you need to get the sensor close to the object.

Thanks for the info Protron. I decided to stay with just the master brick and the colour bricklet, and dispense with all the rest. I have the colour bricklet working fine now. The only change I want to make is to add and LCD bricklet, so I can get a read-out of the colour values without having to connect a monitor. It has been some time since I configured the LCD bricklet, so I will need to browse around the Tinkerforge site for a while. Are you aware of a ready-made script for the colour bricklet values displaying on the LCD bricklet? My set-up is housed inside the case normally used for the weather station.

Many thanks

Karl

• 2 weeks later...