Things I should about OCPP and WARP2 Pro?

filipvanham

Hi all!

I've ordered the Warp2 Pro 22kW yesterday 🥳 , and want to use OCPP 1.6j to point to the backoffice of MobilityPlus or Stroohm so they can manage the billing of my charger.
I have no experience with OCPP or how good this standard is and the implementation of Wrap2 of the standard.
Can anyone give me information to up my chances of getting this done successfully?
Any stories to share?

Boyond this I've read that recent firmwares support MQTT autodetect for Home Assistant. Will check this out for sure.

Update: it seems the actual processor will be https://www.lastmilesolutions.com/

bearbeitet von filipvanham

On 10/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, filipvanham said:

Can anyone give me information to up my chances of getting this done successfully?

This should just work because OCPP is an open standard, so every server and client implementation should be able to talk to one another. There are however some OCPP related bug fixes that will be released with the next firmware (~ this or next week).

On 10/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, filipvanham said:

Update: it seems the actual processor will be https://www.lastmilesolutions.com/

As far as I know, nobody has tested the implementation against lastmilesolutions.com yet. So please report back when you had the chance to test this.

Am 9.10.2023 um 14:18 schrieb rtrbt:

This should just work because OCPP is an open standard, so every server and client implementation should be able to talk to one another. There are however some OCPP related bug fixes that will be released with the next firmware (~ this or next week).

Yes, did see that: - Fix OCPP connection not being reestablished when closed by the server with specific timing

Am 9.10.2023 um 14:18 schrieb rtrbt:

As far as I know, nobody has tested the implementation against lastmilesolutions.com yet. So please report back when you had the chance to test this.

Will do!

@rtrbt they answerd my question:

Good afternoon Filip,

We inquired with the back office system (LMS).
Unfortunately, Tinkerforge GmbH does not yet have a certificate/collaboration with LMS, so we cannot currently onboard WARP2.

Tinkerforge can apply for this certificate itself. That process does take some time.

Kind regards,

Can tinkerforge inquiry what would be the minimum requirements?

On 10/10/2023 at 11:43 AM, filipvanham said:

Can tinkerforge inquiry what would be the minimum requirements?

We've sent them an e-mail.

On 10/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, filipvanham said:

Will using EVCC conflict with OCPP?

In theory this should work. I'm not 100% sure how EVCC behaves if the OCPP server does not allow a charge to start. But I have not tested this in a long time, maybe it works just fine now.

@rtrbt

I'm onnected to the 3rd provider without any issue (wattify.be)
But now my local NFC cards don't work any more (for if I don't want to bill the session)
Is there a way this should/could work?
If I understand it correctly the feature "LocalAuthListManagement" should be enabled/implemented for this?

On 10/12/2023 at 12:54 PM, filipvanham said:

If I understand it correctly the feature "LocalAuthListManagement" should be enabled/implemented for this?

The LocalAuthList allows the charger to authenticate some NFC tags without asking the server. However the server is still notified of the transaction. Also this is not implemented yet. We currently support the Core and SmartCharging profiles.

If I understand you correctly, you want to charge without the server being notified, if you use a locally configured tag? That is AFAIK not possible with OCPP, because the server is at least notified about every transaction and can use a RemoteStopTransaction request to stop a running transaction.

A possible solution (depending on your provider) could be to register a (set of) NFC card(s) that you use for local (payed by yourself?) charges and another (set of) NFC card(s) that you use for "official" charges.