Master firmware compilation

jack

Hi, it's me...again

I'm trying to re-compile the master source code. I've installed Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011-09.69 successfully but when i run Make, it stops with the following error:

Scanning dependencies of target master-brick.elf
[  1%] Building C object CMakeFiles/master-brick.elf.dir/src/communication.obj                                            
[  2%] Building C object CMakeFiles/master-brick.elf.dir/src/bricklib/logging/logging.obj                                 
[  4%] Building C object CMakeFiles/master-brick.elf.dir/src/bricklib/drivers/cmsis/core_cm3.obj                          
/tmp/ccAQD2Wm.s: Assembler messages:                                                                                      
/tmp/ccAQD2Wm.s:516: Error: registers may not be the same -- `strexb r0,r0,[r1]'
/tmp/ccAQD2Wm.s:541: Error: registers may not be the same -- `strexh r0,r0,[r1]'
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/master-brick.elf.dir/src/bricklib/drivers/cmsis/core_cm3.obj] Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/master-brick.elf.dir/all] Erreur 2

Looking with Google about the error led me here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2011-09/msg00101.html

It's said (if i understand) that there is a bug with gas version 2.21.52 wich is the version i have. But i don't find any solutions.

Since this is the first time i work with arm toolchain, i don't know if i made a mistake or if there is effectively a bug.

Thanks.

Mh, no idea what to do about the problen :(. I currently use the following version:

olaf@pc:~$ arm-none-eabi-gcc --version

arm-none-eabi-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 2011.03-42) 4.5.2

Copyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE