Jump to content

Superp

Members
  • Content Count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi luxor, I am looking into some of the same problems, but not working on a disco ball. Modulor I have used and can recommend, too. For specialist plastics with mirror- or other optical effects, Pyrasied might be of use to you sometime.
  2. I have a suspicion smitae is no longer following. In the meantime, I have some experiences with the Outdoor Weather Bricklet which may be useful to others: The TH-6148 Temperature/Humidity Sensor can be mounted outdoors as it is, but I wanted an enclosure for extra protection against rough weather. The TFA Dostmann Schutzhülle (article 98.1114.02) is a perfect fit. Without the mounting bracket, the sensor fits snugly inside the enclosure. I also found the TFA Dostmann Thermo-Hygrometer mit Sender 433 MHz für TFA GAIA (article 30.3166) a perfect replacement for the Tinkerforge senso
  3. I would really appreciate that. Since March 2019 the Air Quality Bricklet no longer saves its calibration data, correct? As it takes 28 days to fully calibrate, and the system here reboots once a month, this yields max 3 days of reliable data per month. I am willing to work with you to solve this (and invest some time from my side), but if there is no solution in sight I will retire this Bricklet.
  4. The documentation says: I might be wrong, but I think there is no such LED (I looked). There are of course the three backlight LEDs ("indicator" lights), but these are software controlled and do not reflect the motion detected status unless you set them manually (as the video here shows). This might be a leftover from the previous version of the Bricklet: Could someone clarify, or correct the documentation?
  5. The documentation says: My Air Quality Bricklet reports firmware_version '2.0.5'. Does this mean this bug is now fixed? related commit (Disable automatic calibration load/save for now)
  6. Photron, Thanks for answering. I can not think of a way to correct this in software; at unlimited range and 50ms integration time, it is rare but possible to have saturation and a reading of 0 Lux. When this happens and the light is then reduced and stable, the reading appears to decrease over several seconds, e.g. the sensor takes time to recover from overload. Interesting. One way to solve this might be to have a second sensor with a 10-stop ND filter in front.
  7. According to the documentation, "An illuminance of 0lux indicates that the sensor is saturated and the configuration should be modified". However, in total darkness, the Bricklet also reports 0 Lux (I checked). Q: How do I distinguish between A: sensor overloaded by light (too much light), and B: complete darkness (no light)? In both cases I read 0 Lux.
  8. Useful knowledge, filed. I always thought isolators were there just to protect your system; turns out in some circumstances their effect goes beyond that. Thanks for digging this deep, and finding a solution.
  9. Hello, I have an NFC Bricklet that is factory new: it has only been accessed through Brickv to do some test scans. When I call #get_detection_led_config it returns 4. That value is not in the documentation. What does '4' mean?
  10. Photron, Good to hear there are plans for brickd health reporting in the API. I hope this gets implemented soon. In my priorities, this goes to the top. Whether a system will fall over or not, I am not going to bicker with you over this. I will say, however, that I have seen brickd producing several hundred messages per second and yet respond normally to calls, and that is a showstopper. Best!
  11. Hello Photron, Thanks for taking the time. This is a problem already reproduced and confirmed by your colleague. For your benefit, I have shutdown the system this morning, disconnected all devices, connected the LCD, and booted. Start Brickv, select LCD, and the log starts to flood. This should be fairly easy to reproduce by you. API calls are answered okay, except the system will ultimately become unstable and will no longer boot because it will run out of disk space, I suppose. The real problem, and for me this is a showstopper, is that client-side (through the API), ther
  12. For the record: This bug was fixed with commit c10086f8ca1223715261fa3c4362f6a5e578305a ruby: Fix bool array unpacking.
  13. Hello Erik, The above version appears to fix this bug. The debug code I supplied above reports a correct answer. Cheers,
×
×
  • Create New...