English vs German

JavaLaurence

Hi guys,

Forgive me for posting in your German section, but I have a language-related question.

How many of you would have problems writing your posts in English, so that they benefit a (much) wider community? I suspect very few..

I realize TF is German, but don't we all wish that TF finds world-wide success, and not only German success? If so, I'm sure that many non-German potential customers would prefer an English-centric TinkerForge .

I personally can't read 90% of what you guys write about, but I would love to. I'm sure many others are in the same linguistic boat.

Plz consider posting in English. I think it would help the TinkerForge cause.

HTH.

Laurence

How many of you would have problems writing your posts in English, so that they benefit a (much) wider community?

That is not the question!

How many will THEN have a problem to understand my answer.

Please post your question in english site. Everybody who likes to support english speaking user can help there. Nobody stops a german speaking user to write in english forum too.

BTW: You can not explain a problem in a language you have problems with!!! ==> Problem²

Thanks

Der Loetkolben

BTW: You can not explain a problem in a language you have problems with!!! ==> Problem²

Yes and you can not explan a solution in a language you have problems with what is the benefit if I answer in english and the other Germans can't unterstood it.

My problem is, that i can find a way to do not starve in english but i dont get the orderd food ;-) . A source related problem is much harder to describe in a not common used language.

And it is not "English vs German" it is "English and German" an multilanguaged community would be best for TF.

At least to me it seems, that Germans are more active in posting topics. Thats not really an issue of the language - German or English-. I would like to read much, much more postings written in English to find out and learn about TF issues and product usage outside Germany. That would bring a breath of fresh air through this forum  ;D

And if non-Germans dont understand German postings, ask the user in English to explain specific points in English again. I assume most of them will or try to answer ;)