Weather Station Kit and LCD display

monkeyshoulder

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas!

I just got the weather station starter kit and I had some hard time making it working.

I built everything up, I plugged it on my computer via USB and nothing appeared in the Brick Viewer. After some time, I thought it could be a power consumption problem so I used a powered usb hub (which normally is useless, since it should already be powered), no success. I have disconnected the LCD display and suddenly everything worked fine.

What could be the problem with the LCD display? 500mA should be more than enough to power the Master Brick, the tree sensors and the LCD display...

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Woaw.. thanks for your fast reply.

OK I did what you said. Now there is a LCD Bricklet tab in Brick Viewer. I can turn the backlight on and off, test the buttons but not display a text as described in http://www.tinkerforge.com/en/doc/Hardware/Bricklets/LCD_20x4.html . Is there a problem with this bricklet?