rover autopilot using IMU Brick 2.0?

kylerlaird

I have a couple IMU Brick 2.0s and love them!  They are an amazing improvement over the plain RAZOR IMU I'd tried earlier.  I'm using one as a simple compass for a tractor experiment.  It works beautifully.

It would be great if I could put the rest of the data from the IMU to use through ROS.  I see that the tinkerforge_laser_transform package includes publication of IMU data.

http://wiki.ros.org/tinkerforge_laser_transform

I'm a ROS beginner and it's not obvious to me how to use this without the laser rangefinder.  Is there an easy way?

I'm trying to cobble together an autopilot for my tractor.  I have a Navio+ (for APM) but I am leaning toward building a completely ROS solution if possible.

Or...I could add my Red Brick and I/O bricklets and pretty much have all the hardware I need in a single stack.  Then I would just need to write/find Python autopilot code.  Anyone know of such a project?

Thanks!

--kyler

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a ROS beginner and it's not obvious to me how to use this without the laser rangefinder.  Is there an easy way?

I took a quick look at the code of this tinkerforge_laser_transform_node module and I think it should just work fine if you only have an IMU Brick 2.0 connected. But I've never used ROS, so I cannot be certain.

You should probably just give it a try.

You could also directly ask the author of the module about this.