New GPS Bricklet

andycruce

It will be a bit smaller and it will support GPS as well as GLONASS (as well as Galileo with a software update later on if it becomes available). Additionally there will be more API with more of the GPS information available for the user. To do this we use a higher end GPS/GLONASS receiver. So all in all definitely an improvement compared to the old one :).

Unfortunately it will only be available at the end of the year/early beginning next year. We originally thought that we had enough stock of the old GPS Bricklet to not run out before the new one is available, but that didn't really work out...

Please put me on your email list to notify as soon as the new device becomes available.  If there is preorder opportunity to get in line for the device let me know.  I assume it is the same form factor as the current GPS so it can be plug and play electrically and mechanically.

Thanks,

Andy Cruce