Brick viewer

LaForge

I have downloaded the source code for the Brick Viewer software as I thought  it would be a good starting point for me to create my own application.

I am re-approcching Python after 9 years, so I'm a bit rusty. I'm using Eclipse with a Python plug-in as IDE but can anyone suggest if there's a better development environment I can use (free or commercial)? I would be interested to know what the clever chaps at Tinkerforge use themselves.

Also, I can't find a project file in the downloaded Brick Viewer code, what's the procedure to view the application in its entirety with all its dependencies  and perhaps compile it from scratch?

For small changes i use vim, for bigger changes i use Eclipse with PyDev too :).

There is a build_pkg.py in the src/ directory. That can be used to build .exe, .dmg and .deb. Especially in the build_windows_pkg you can see all of the dependencies that we put in the windows executable:

"includes" : ["sip",
              "PyQt4.QtCore",
              "PyQt4.QtGui",
              "PyQt4.QtOpenGL",
              "PyQt4.QtSvg",
              "PyQt4.Qwt5",
              "OpenGL.GL",
              "plot_widget",
              "numpy.core.multiarray",
              "ctypes.util",
              "serial",
              "win32com.client"]