Brick/Bricklet status LEDs

Bottesford

I was wondering if there was a way to disable any of the status LEDs found on the various bricks & bricklets?

I'm using the wifi extension + motion detector bricklet which between them have 3 bright LEDs. These are useful in testing but for the motion detector especially it is undesirable having the bright blue light on every time someone walks in the room.

I intend to set it up in a bedroom (for automatic switch on of lighting at suitable times) so a bright LED in the middle of the night isn't nice. Also I'm considering the power use of all these LEDs running all the time - it would be better to disable them when not testing the system.

Is the any plan to add some a method 'SetStatusLightsOff' or similar?

For the Master Brick there is a disable_wifi2_status_led() as well as a disable_status_led() function.

For the Motion Detector Bricklet we currently don't have such an API. I will write in on my TODO list, adding this API is not a huge amount of work.

edit: Translated to English, accidentally answered in German ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks but I'm getting :

System.MissingMethodException :

Method not found: 'Void Tinkerforge.BrickletMotionDetector.SetStatusLEDConfig(Byte)'.

I call it like this:

bricklet.SetStatusLEDConfig(BrickletMotionDetector.STATUS_LED_CONFIG_OFF);

I'm using the latest bindings (2.1.12.0) and I have fully updated all my Bricks & Bricklets as well as Brickd and viewer.