A detailed description of the poll can be read in the blog
Summary: Because of changes in the functionality of Bricklets we will be able to change the current connector to a new one that is more user friendly.
We see two possible scenarios:Scenario 1
* The connectors remain the same for all of the building blocks.
* The normal 10-pole to 10-pole Bricklet cable is compatible to the new and old generation of Bricklets.Scenario 2
* The connector on the new co-processor Bricklets is a 7-pole JST GH.
* There are two Bricklet cable variants: 10-pole to 10-pole for the old Bricklets and 10-pole to 7-pole for the new generation of Bricklets.
* After all Bricklets are converted (perhaps in 3 years) we will be able to change the connectors of the Bricks to the new 7-pol variant.
* After that we only need 7-pole to 7-pole cables for the whole system.
In both scenarios the old Bricklets and the Bricklets of the new generation are completely compatible to each other and the old Bricks.
What do you prefer?