Jump to content

LED Strip Bricklet and color mappings


mikew
 Share

Recommended Posts

I saw a thread from 2014 about the LED Bricklet not mapping the colors correctly to the WS2812, but didn't see a fix for it.  I am having the same issue with the strip I just connected.  It seems that mine is wired for Blue-Green-Red.  If I used brick viewer, I only see the ability to test RGB format.  How do I tell the bricklet the proper order of the channels?

 

I also wanted to integrate this into OpenHab and tried setting this via:

tinkerforge:ledstrip.colorMapping=bgr but that seemed to have no effect.   

 

I've double checked and my master brick and all the bricklets are on the latest firmware.

 

Thanks,

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Theo,

  I cut and pasted pretty much straight out of the openhab binding tutorial:

 

This is my kitched LED strip:

 

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.uid=oVW

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.type=bricklet_ledstrip

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.frameduration=100

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.chiptype=ws2812

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.clockfrequency=1000000

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.colorMapping=brg  <-- changed to my mapping order

tinkerforge:Kit_ledstrip.subDevices=Kit_ledgroup1

tinkerforge:Kit_ledgroup1.uid=oVW

tinkerforge:Kit_ledgroup1.subid=Kit_ledgroup1

tinkerforge:Kit_ledgroup1.type=ledgroup

tinkerforge:Kit_ledgroup1.leds=0|1-43

 

In my items file:

Color  led1 "Counter Light"  <slider>  (GF_Kitchen) {tinkerforge="uid=oVW, subid=Kit_ledgroup1"}

 

Yet, when I connect to OpenHab, it shows the same colors as if I use the brick viewer and try to set them via RGB values, it doesn't want to re-map them to the specified color mapping of brg.

 

Thanks,

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

 

I just tested the color mapping feature and for me it works. I have no clue what's wrong with your setup. I've added some more logging to the binding and uploaded it to bintray: https://bintray.com/theoweiss/generic/download_file?file_path=org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

May be you want to test it? To enable the logging add these lines to the logback.xml file

    <logger name="org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge.internal.config.ConfigurationHandler" level="TRACE" />
    <logger name="org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge.internal.model.impl.MBrickletLEDStripImpl" level="TRACE" />
    <logger name="org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge.internal.model.impl.LEDGroupImpl" level="TRACE" />
    <logger name="org.openhab.binding.tinkerforge.internal.tools.Tools" level="TRACE" />

 

Regards,

Theo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Theo,

  While trying to work on this, I got my config back to a simi-working state, but was logging: 

 

2016-05-28 01:55:50.571 [ERROR] [.t.internal.TinkerforgeBinding] - COMMAND no tinkerforge device found for command for item uid: oVW subId: Kit_ledgroup1

 

2016-05-28 02:02:38.873 [ERROR] [.t.i.m.i.MBrickletLEDStripImpl] - "leds" option missing or empty, items configuration has to be fixed!

 

 

everytime I tried to do anything with the LEDs.  I stumbled upon this link https://github.com/theoweiss/openhab/wiki/Bricklet-LED-Strip and the config sample there is working perfectly:

 

Color  led1  (Colorize)  {tinkerforge="uid=jGu, leds=0|1|4-6|8-9, colorMapping=rbg"}

 

Not sure why the updated wiki documentation wasn't working for me, but it now is with proper color mapping. 

 

Thanks,

Mike

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Theo,

  I've been fighting through some other issues with 2 remote master brick+wifi stacks where they are dropping off the network for some reason.  I have a feeling that my access point isn't playing nicely with them for some reason (or seems to get confused until I reboot 1 of the stacks and then the other one miraculously re-appears on the network).   

  Anyhow, to remove the no route to host messages I went back to basics with my openhab config and only configured the red brick running openhab and the stack controlling the LED strip.  Of course it worked perfectly, so I put back my entire config and it continues to work flawlessly. 

  I made one change between starting this thread and testing your update, which was to update my install from 1.8.1 -> 1.8.3 to get the Hue updates.  At this point, the only thing that comes to mind is a corrupted jar file that was manifesting itself in the LED operations but not the calls to Temp/Humidity bricklets (I haven't included other bricklets into Openhab yet, so maybe those would have been weird as well). I didn't see anything new related to Tinkerforge in the 1.8.2 or 1.8.3 in the OpenHab release notes.

 

Thank you for all the support in trying to help identify this strange problem.

 

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...