IMU Operation and Firmware download

andycruce

I tested the IMU data collection in my airplane today and have a question.  I show the calibration level for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and System continuously.  Prior to flying I did the calibration procedure, moving the device to various positions until I had a lever 3 calibration on all the internal devices.  However, once I started flying the Accelerometer and Gyroscope showed a continuous level 3 calibration but the Magnetometer calibration dropped to 1 or 2 and the System calibration dropped to 0.  I believe that part of this showed up by the heading euler angle being off by about 30 degrees by the rest of the flight.  Am I missing something on how to calibrate the system?

Also I notice there is a new firmware version for the IMU.  I can't find the documentation on how to load the updated firmware into the device.  Would you please point me to the documentation.

Finally, what is the status of the new GPS bricklet?

Thanks,

Andy Cruce

I tested the IMU data collection in my airplane today and have a question.  I show the calibration level for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer and System continuously.  Prior to flying I did the calibration procedure, moving the device to various positions until I had a lever 3 calibration on all the internal devices.  However, once I started flying the Accelerometer and Gyroscope showed a continuous level 3 calibration but the Magnetometer calibration dropped to 1 or 2 and the System calibration dropped to 0.  I believe that part of this showed up by the heading euler angle being off by about 30 degrees by the rest of the flight.  Am I missing something on how to calibrate the system?

There is probably a slightly changed magnetic field in the plane during flight (because of the motors and such).

Also I notice there is a new firmware version for the IMU.  I can't find the documentation on how to load the updated firmware into the device.  Would you please point me to the documentation.

See here: https://www.tinkerforge.com/de/doc/Software/Brickv.html#brick-firmware-flashing

Finally, what is the status of the new GPS bricklet?

It is currently in production!