Accessing GPS2 via brickviewer

andycruce

I have a GPS2 bricklet connected to a master brick.  I have downloaded new daemon and viewer software.  The daemon software is brickd.exe, version 2.3.9.0.0. The viewer software is brickv.exe, version 2.3.0.0.  I start brickd by double clicking on the .exe file.  I then start brickv by double clicking on the brickv icon.  The view comes up and recognizes the IMU2 and Baro brick and bricklets installed in the system.  However, it doesn't recognize the new GPS2 bricklet.  What am I missing?

Andy Cruce

I have the wrong firmware version.  However when I go into updates/flashing and select brick I only have a COM1-Communications Port(COM!) in the serial port drop down.  When I try to save the firmware, version 2.0.8, I get the message "Could not connect to Brick: No Brick in Bootloader Found.  I am not using a master brick.  Could this be the problem?

Andy Cruce

The IMU2 Brick is connected to my computer via a usb cable. I have the brick viewer active and am in the Updates/Flashing screen.  I selected the Brick tab and in the Serial Port text box the only option is COM1- Communications Port (COM1).  In the firmware text box is IMU2.0 (2.0.8).  Selecting the Refresh button does not add any other selections to the Serial Port text box drop down menu.  Selecting the Save button results in the error Could not connect to Brick:  No Brick in Bootloader found.  In the documentation it looks like for Windows 10 there should be a Serial Port selection of either Bossa Program Port or GPS Camera Detect.  Neither of these show up.  I still have the IMU2 Brick connected to the Baro bricklet and the GPS2 bricklet.  Is this the problem?

Andy