HAT Brick: 5V power-supply without USB-connector but using additionally solded cable onto the HAT

yvo

Dear List

I have to use the 5V power-supply of the HAT Brick additionally to the 5-28V DC-input. But for constructive reasons (no available space), I cannot use an USB-connectors.

Question:

• Is there a possibility / location to sold a cable directly onto the HAT Brick?

With soldering directly a cable, I could use the additional power-supply (which I have to use for several reasons additionally to the 5-28V DC-input, see https://www.tinkerunity.org/topic/11345-hat-brick-und-strompi-3-mögliche-konflikte-bei-serieller-kommunikation-respektive-problem-bei-konfiguration-von-strompi-3/ ) even within the very small space available where the RPi and HAT are installed.

Looking forward to any ideas and suggestions.

Cheers,

Yvo

Dear batti

Thank you very much for the advice and pointing out the precise location. I had a look at the HAT itself, puhh, this is all pretty small. I guess, this will exceed my skills of soldering 😟

I re-checked the available space between the USB-socket and the case were the RPI and the HAT are located:

• There are 15mm available.

Using an USB-cable with a 90-degrees rotated plug, it should fit. See attached images.

Probably, buying such cables, cutting and just using the two power-wires will be easier than soldering an additional cable onto the board of the HAT.

Hope you agree.

Cheers,

Yvo

Plug.jpg

Scale.jpg