Master Brick stuck in Bootloader mode

Superp

Hello,

I am having trouble with a Master Brick 3.1, which I think is in bootloader mode:

- while trying to solve an other problem, at some point "erase" and "reset" were pressed

- none of the Brick's LEDs light up

- Brickv does not recognise the Brick (it does recognise an other MB 3.1: same cable, same USB port)

When trying to flash the Brick, it is not recognised either:

Update/Flashing -> Brick -> Serial Port: "No Brick in Bootloader found"

In other words, the Brick seems "dead". How can I revive it?

(Brickv 2.4.20 on MacOS 12.0.1 on Apple Silicon)

Any help is appreciated.

Keeping erase pressed while plugging in USB does not make a difference.

ioreg reports this:

ioreg -p IOUSB
+-o Root  <class IORegistryEntry, id 0x100000100, retain 28>
  +-o AppleT8103USBXHCI@01000000  <class AppleT8103USBXHCI, id 0x1000002af, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (11925 ms), retain 115>
  | +-o IOUSBHostDevice@01100000  <class IOUSBHostDevice, id 0x100032648, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (265 ms), retain 24>
  +-o AppleT8103USBXHCI@00000000  <class AppleT8103USBXHCI, id 0x1000002ab, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (7757 ms), retain 103>

Well, thank you for answering!!

This issue was actually discovered two months ago by @duawand fixed by @photron within 24 hours with a patched version of Brickv which you can download there.

That patched version works on Apple Silicon, and will flash your Master Brick.

The discussion there is in German, and was apparently forgotten by the good people at Tinkerforge.

To summarise: with the current stable version of Brickv, 2.4.20, on a computer with Apple Silicon (M1 etc.), when you put a Master Brick in bootloader mode, Brickv will not be able to flash it.

The "serial port" drop down will be greyed out; you can not select your Brick.

Unless you have an alternate computer available, like an Intel Mac, this means when you attempt to flash a Brick, it becomes unusable. I know of no documented way to exit from bootloader mode.

People using recent Macs, be warned. The good news is the patched version of Brickv solves this.

bearbeitet von Superp
the voices made me do it

• 3 weeks later...